- a of or relating to a system to destroy satellites in orbit
- The antisatellite gadgets were invented because space is already militarized.
- Said the admiral: "The Soviet antisatellite weapon is a busted flush--slow, unreliable, clumsy and easy to countermeasure, capable of only low-altitude attack.
- The two nations agreed in 1967 to ban weapons of mass destruction from space, but efforts to extend the pact to cover antisatellite weapons, including space-based lasers, have .
News & Articles
- Space control in the Air Force's 2014 budget request
Comments made by a senior Defense Department official in May led some to speculate that the military had started a new antisatellite weapons program. Victoria Samson examines the military's 2014 budget request and finds no evidence of such an effort.
July 22, 2013 - The Space Review
- Gen Peter Pace in New York Times
I used the example of the antisatellite test as how, sometimes, the international community can be confused, because it was a surprise that China did that, and it wasn't clear what their intent was,General Pace told reporters in Beijing.
- Sergei Ivanov in RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
I have heard such reports, and they are quite abstract,Ivanov said. "I'm very much afraid they don't have [any] basis -- as you say that they are antisatellite and so on. I'm afraid it's not true. And perhaps I'm not even afraid, but it is...