antipollution : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a intended to reduce pollution
antipollution devices on automobile exhaust systems
- Chinese officials implemented $17 billion in antipollution programs before the start of the Games.
- More recently, she forbade the Environmental Protection Agency to use a cost-benefit analysis in antipollution enforcement (her ruling was later overturned).
- Increasingly, factories are being equipped with antipollution gear, ranging from costly precipitators and scrubbers to simple fish tanks, whose occupants serve as living testers .
News & Articles
- Coal industry turns to exports
The U.S. coal industry, under increasing pressure at home after President Barack Obama's call Tuesday for tougher antipollution rules, is ratcheting up a more promising part of its business: exports.
June 26, 2013 - Coshocton Tribune
- Richard Blumenthal in Norwalk Plus Magazine
Blumenthal said, "This money means cleaner air for Connecticut residents. These antipollution programs, funded by the polluter, will help offset toxins travelling into Connecticut from out-of-state smokestacks. This victory is a promising step...
- President Bush in Boston Globe (registration)
My administration has put in place some of the most important antipollution policies in a decade, policies that have reduced harmful emissions, reclaimed brownfields, cut phosphorus releases into our rivers and streams,Bush said. "Since...