antiquarian : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an expert or collector of antiquities
- a of or relating to persons who study or deal in antiques or antiquities
- a of or relating to antiques or antiquities
- It came to Mumbai in the possession of a 19th century British antiquarian grandee, the imperially named Mountstuart Elphinstone, and has stayed in the city ever since despite .
- Emery, a former antiquarian bookseller and libertarian activist who underwrites marijuana-legalization campaigns around the world, claims those numbers are on the very low side.
- In this character of antiquarian His Majesty came to bright, frenzied Naples last week.
News & Articles
- Prairie Archives obtains rare 20-volume Lincoln set
Prairie Archives Antiquarian Booksellers has owned its share of rare and valuable books over the years, but its most recent acquisition has to be one of the most fascinating, especially given the subject matter and the mysteries surrounding it.
June 18, 2013 - The State Journal-Register
- John Ruskin in Hastings Observer
Ruskin said: "For pure artistic delight, an untouched sketch of Albert Goodwin's is better than any finished drawing. The antiquarian value of these resolutely complete works cannot be too highly estimated for the future."
- Llew Smith in guardian.co.uk
Coubertin was a modernist, not an antiquarian, so far as the sporting content of the games went,Llewellyn Smith writes. "Yet he was also a master of the use of antiquarian rhetoric and symbol to mobilise support for his ideas."