angling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n fishing with a hook and line (and usually a pole)
- v move or proceed at an angle
- v to incline or bend from a vertical position
- v seek indirectly
- v fish with a hook
- v present with a bias
- Now Newsom is angling again to bestow city residents with rights that Americans living elsewhere don't have.
- A bonefishing enthusiast, he sometimes jets off to the Bahamas for a day's angling.
- Other angling garb: Frogg Toggs' $19 Chilly Pad and $16 Hydroweave Cap, a towel and hat for beating boat heat.
- Ryan Hollweg in ESPN
Basically I was just following him pretty much shoulder-to-shoulder, kind of angling him towards the boards,Hollweg said after practice Wednesday, according to The Canadian Press. "I felt if he had continued to skate forward it would have...
- Zachary Quinto in Pittsburgh Post Gazette
I missed the 'Superman Returns' boat,Quinto said, although many have commented about his resemblance to Clark Kent when he wore glasses in last week's episode. "So I'm angling for 'Star Trek.' People are constantly telling me I bear some...
- George Ayittey in Bloomberg
What he's probably angling for is an honorable way out,said George Ayittey, an economist at American University in Washington and a former World Bank consultant. "Right now, even if the board were to clear him, there is so much rancor at...