- n a quantity of money
the amount he had in cash was insufficient
- n the relative magnitude of something with reference to a criterion
an adequate amount of food for four people
- n how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify
- n a quantity obtained by the addition of a group of numbers
- v be tantamount or equivalent to
Her action amounted to a rebellion
- v add up in number or quantity
The bills amounted to $2,000
- v develop into
This idea will never amount to anything
- But the ideal amount of sleep for different health measures isn't all in the same place.
- Color crazed: Some kids got revved up after consuming the amount of food dye contained in two 2-oz.
- And 12% of patients had gotten more than twice that amount 100 mSv or more.
- Marion Jones in Reuters
It is with a great amount of shame that I stand before you and tell you that I have betrayed your trust,Jones told reporters outside court, addressing her fans and family.
- Paris Hilton in CNN
I must also say that I was shocked to see all of the attention devoted to the amount of time I would spend in jail for what I had done by the media, public and city officials,Hilton said in the Saturday statement. "I would hope going...
- Justin Williams in Forbes
You see the amount of these [sovereign bond purchasing] operations, of this programme, and we have the feeling -- but we will continue to observe it with great attention -- that what is needed in terms of the level of interventions on our part has... Jean-Claude Trichet http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Claude_Trichet&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFQ3i5kKC7Jq7XUiVMILRUSPAVq7w Market News International http://www.google.com/url?q=http://imarketnews.com/%3Fq%3Dnode/16174&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHLWpPNzcHWxWnj_tbdkB7BOyIX2g Jul 8, 2010
3419 4960 amour The guy who was least excited about 'Rod Brind'Amour Night' was probably Rod Brind'Amour," Williams said. "He wants to sweep things under the rug and say it's no big deal, but it's a heck of an accomplishment."