amethyst : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a transparent purple variety of quartz; used as a gemstone
- s of a moderate purple color
- Emeralds come from Colombia but also from Zimbabwe; there's amethyst on almost every continent; and diamondsalthough associated with Africaare mined in Russia and Australia .
- Everything's on sale for example, a $2,500, 18-karat-gold, diamond and amethyst ring now costs $597.
- Its line of Inara spa products is produced by women's cooperatives in the remote state of Maranho in northeastern Brazil, and its amethyst-and-garnet geometric drop earrings are .