- n a sum of money paid in compensation for loss or injury
- n something done or paid in expiation of a wrong
how can I make amends
- v make amendments to
- v to make better
- v set straight or right
- Christ sacrificed himself to make amends for sins against God: The Role-Model Theory By his example, Christ inspires people to live in obedience to God's ways.
- Then he leads us to a surprise ending in which the power of fiction, which has been used to undo lives, is used again to make heartbroken amends.
- But we ought not to let the century expire without attempting to make amends.
News & Articles
- All News
On the Key will try to make amends when he makes his second start at Northlands Park in a first-level allowance race for 3-year-olds that will serve as Wednesday’s feature.
June 12, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- MJD on arrest: 'I never wanted to be a distraction'
07:00 AM ET 06.11 | On Monday, Maurice Jones-Drew started trying to make amends.
June 11, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Northlands Park: On the Key gets more ground to work with
On the Key will try to make amends when he makes his second start at Northlands Park in a first-level allowance race for 3-year-olds that will serve as Wednesday’s feature. The 6 1/2-furlong sprint drew seven horses and goes as race 8 on the nine-race card that begins at 6 p.m. Mountain.
June 10, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Tiger Wood in WETM-TV
It's now up to me to make amends, and that starts with me never repeating the mistakes I've made. It's up to me to start living a life of integrity, said Woods.
- Rafael Benitez in Sportinglife.com
Benitez said: "We are not feeling the pressure, and we must look at the positives. We are disappointed we did not win. But we are equal with Manchester United in January, we are still in the Champions League and we can make amends for this draw if...
- Dwain Chambers in Sportinglife.com
Chambers said: "I've taken up this challenge and as I have said before, I would only do it because of my strong feelings about how well I can run in the Olympic Games. I've matured a lot and I'd like to go on record in saying that I've made amends...