- v to make better
The editor improved the manuscript with his changes
- v get better
The weather improved toward evening
- Black boxes that record the number of hours a trucker has driven would greatly improve enforcement.
- Those are the millions of ordinary men and women who long to improve themselvesto become better parents, kinder friends and stronger individuals.
- Offering bonuses to teachers who raise student achievement, the theory goes, will improve the overall quality of instruction, retain those who get the job done and attract more .
- Joe Johnson in MiamiHerald.com
Although I explored several different opportunities this offseason, Atlanta was the place I wanted to be,said Johnson. "I truly appreciate the commitment shown by the Hawks and the team's ownership, and their continued efforts to improve...
- Jeffrey Loria in CBSSports.com (blog)
Loria issued a statement, talking about how close he was with Gonzalez, then added, "We can't let personal feelings get in the way of taking steps that we believe are necessary to improve our ballclub."
- Barack Obama in Economic Times
We can't doom another generation of Americans to soaring costs and eroding coverage and exploding deficits,Obama said, adding: "Instead, we need to do what we were sent here to do and improve the lives of the people we serve."