- v to make better
- v get better
- s tending to ameliorate
- It will revise America's posture in the region, toward a more respectful, ameliorating stance than the arrogant pushiness that marked the Bush Administration, especially in the .
- Lincoln: "I hold that while man exists it is his duty to improve not only his own condition but to assist in ameliorating mankind.
- Their problem is not acoustics but ameliorating the disadvantages of deafness, most serious of which is difficulty in getting jobs.
News & Articles
- First krill powder study shows potential for metabolic syndrome
Daily supplements of krill powder may reduce the overactive endocannabinoid system in obese subjects, and offer potential for ameliorating metabolic syndrome, says a small study using Aker BioMarine’s new Superba Krill powder.
June 13, 2013 - Nutraingredients.com
- Paul Newman in Trading Markets (press release)
In a 1993 interview with biographer Eric Lax, Mr. Newman said about Woodward: "It was a kind of fortuitous coming together, because she had an ameliorating effect on my excesses, which were excessive enough but at least there was a partial lid put...
- VS Achuthanandan in Thaindian.com (blog)
We have made appropriate provisions for the range of large projects which the state has launched and its thrust will be towards ameliorating the impact of the present economic crisis on the common man,Achuthanandan told reporters.
- Dr Ben Carson in Fort Worth Star Telegram
With surgery, "probably 80 percent of these children experience a dramatic improvement, 10 percent have a significant ameliorating effect, and about 10 percent get no significant relief," Carson said in a telephone visit.