- r (of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished; all but
the baby was almost asleep when the alarm sounded
we're almost finished
- If he had, it almost certainly would have been Edwards and not Dean who emerged early on as the antiwar candidate.
- America Movil is worth almost three times as much.
- It is almost easier to say what it is not.
News & Articles
- Anna Kendrick almost has to miss event due to hair coloring mishap
Anna Kendrick almost didn’t make it to Wednesday’s See by Chloé fragrance launch in the West Village due to a hair-color drama on-...
June 16, 2013 - New York Post
- Almost topless Miranda Kerr for Vogue Korea
Posted in Fashion / Fashion blog / Fashion photo shoots / Fashion pictures One of the many famous Victoria’s Secret Angels is model Miranda Kerr , who lands the covers of Korean Vogue almost topless for the July 2013 issue. Wearing only a Proenza Schouler off white biker jacket and spandex high waisted panties, Miranda sizzles looking extra hot with her wet look hairstyle . Article continues ...
June 15, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Almost 500,000 without power in U.S. Mid-Atlantic
(Reuters) - Almost half a million homes and businesses, mostly in the U.S. Mid-Atlantic states, were still without power early Friday following a series of severe storms on Thursday, according to local power companies. Duke Energy Corp, the biggest power company in the United States, was the hardest hit with more than 240,000 customers still out in the Carolinas. Late Thursday, Duke said more ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Stan Van Gundy in Wall Street Journal (blog)
It's gotten ridiculous,Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy said to ESPN. "It's almost like a parody of itself, this whole situation now. Come on, an hour long? It takes 15 seconds to say I've decided to stay in Cleveland but we've got another 59...
- Roger Federer in The Associated Press
I have almost no words anymore watching this,Federer said. "It's beyond anything I've ever seen and could imagine. I don't know how their bodies must feel the next day, the next week, the next month. This is incredible tennis. For them to...
- Jake Peavy in ESPN
I guess hindsight is 20/20,Peavy said. "We certainly would have shut it down even before Pittsburgh. Like I said, it was moving it around, this was almost in an area different than the other ones. So, I don't think anybody made any bad...