- a operating from or designed to be fired from aircraft at targets on the ground
- The AGM-88 High-Speed Anti-radiation Missile (HARM) is an air-to-surface tactical missile designed to seek out and destroy enemy radar-equipped air defense systems.
- Western analysts have not yet fully evaluated its functions, but it seems to carry antisubmarine weapons and both air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles.
- Some of the SAM sites were probably wiped out by Maverick air-to-surface missiles, or "smart" bombs, some of which are guided along a pinpoint beam of laser light to within a few .
News & Articles
- Lockheed Martin Receives JASSM Contract for Additional Integration onto Finish Air Force F-18
Orlando FL (SPX) Jun 12, 2013 Lockheed Martin received a $34.2 million Foreign Military Sales contract from the U.S. Air Force to support additional integration of the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) onto the Finnish Air Force F-18C/D aircraft. Finland is the second international customer for JASSM. This second contract for Finland includes test missiles, software development and ...
June 11, 2013 - Space War
- Lockheed gets second JASSM deal for Finland
ORLAND, Fla., June 10 (UPI) -- Lockheed Martin reports a $34.2 million contract to support integration of its Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile onto Finland's F-18C/D fighters.
June 10, 2013 - UPI
- Lockheed Martin Receives $34 Million JASSM® Contract For Additional Integration Onto Finnish Air Force F-18
ORLANDO, Fla., June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] received a $34.2 million Foreign Military Sales contract from the U.S. Air Force to support additional integration of the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) onto the Finnish Air Force F-18C/D...
June 10, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Franz Josef Jung in Deutsche Welle
We no longer plan to use Wittstock as an air-to-surface bombing exercise site,Defense Minister Franz Josef Jung said in Berlin.
- Brendan Nelson in The Age
Georgia's civil aviation radars registered that at 1420 GMT a SU-24 jet crossed the Georgian border. The jet dropped a guided air-to-surface missile at this exact place. At the moment specialists are defining the type and model of the missile. The... Vano Merabishvili http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vano_Merabishvili&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGsnlVoZa2Dh6JSpaerpgw87CwgPw RussiaToday http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.russiatoday.ru/news/news/12069&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEgf_VLXWFQtv0zQO3U1sJI4vfrFA Aug 6, 2007
2291 3098 air-to-surface Lockheed Martin's Joint Air-to-Surface Stand-off Missile (or JASSM) has been selected as the new long range air-to-surface missile to equip the Australian Defence Force's F/A-18 Hornet fleet," Defence Minister Brendan Nelson said in a statement.