- a operating between or launched from or involving rockets or aircraft in flight
- Highly maneuverable air-to-air missile with surface-to-air capability.
- That's because they were designed for long-range air-to-air duels with similarly advanced militaries.
- No F-22s have flown over Afghanistan or Iraq, because the plane was designed for long-range air-to-air duels with futuristic fighters that perhaps China eventually might field.
News & Articles
- Raytheon touts Sidewinder milestone
PARIS, June 19 (UPI) -- Raytheon reports a milestone in its AIM-0X Sidewinder air-to-air missile program -- the delivery of 5,000 units to U.S. and allied military forces.
June 19, 2013 - UPI
- Typhoons to carry MBDA's Meteor missiles
PARIS, June 18 (UPI) -- MBDA's Meteor air-to-air missile is to be integrated onto Eurofighter Typhoon fighters, complementing missile systems already used by the aircraft.
June 18, 2013 - UPI
- Raytheon, US Navy deliver 5,000th AIM-9X Sidewinder missile
Paris, France (SPX) Jun 18, 2013 Raytheon AIM-9X Sidewinder air-to-air missile program has marked a milestone of delivering 5,000 missiles to the U.S. government and nine international partners. "The 400 Raytheon employees and the hundreds of employees who work for our suppliers around the world helped achieve this significant milestone," said Harry Schulte, vice president of Raytheon Missile ...
June 17, 2013 - Space War
- Ed Royce in Geo TV
Isn't India the only regional play against which this (air-to-air capability) would be applicable,Royce asked.
- Nicholas Burns in Canada.com
We have a lack of strategic lift and air-to-air refueling and of combat service support and of special forces -- these are the necessary ingredients of modern warfare,said Burns. "They are weakness of the alliance that need to be...
- Glenn Torpy in InTheNews.co.uk
We did suspend air-to-air refuelling for a period in November,Sir Torpy told Panorama. "We looked at what we were doing, both in terms of integrity of the system, the way we were actually conducting the air-to-air refuelling, and I'm...