- s (used of arms and legs) bent outward with the joint away from the body
a tailor sitting with legs akimbo
stood with arms akimbo
- r with hands on hips and elbows extending outward
she stood there akimbo
- Proper Buffalo wings should be snapped in half so that they resemble tiny drumsticks rather than their original, harder-to-eat akimbo shape.
- The reporter's mother paced in front of the entrance impatiently, at times stopping to stand with her arms akimbo and dropping her head, at others squatting down to sob into a .
- As he sat down in the presidential box overlooking the speaker's rostrum, Lyndon was the absolute monarch of the place, and he looked ithands on his knees, elbows akimbo .
News & Articles
- McCarren Park Paths Get Repaved, "Hipster Lake" Gets Drained
It's happened to us all: One minute, you're rolling through McCarren Park, looking fly with your roller blades and neon spandex shorts, checking out hotties on the grass while 2 Legit 2 Quit bumps from your boombox. Next thing you know, you're on the ground, legs akimbo and boombox smashed on the ground thanks to that god damn pot hole. The hotties are laughing. Your injuries are not ironic ...
June 11, 2013 - Gothamist
- Stephen Wynn in New York Times
On Dec. 8, the day of the auction, though, Mr. Wynn called several old-master dealers and Rembrandt scholars to ask their opinion of the work, "Portrait of a Man, Half-Length, With His Arms Akimbo" (1658), experts said.
- Mike Hudack in TV Technology
Blip.tv makes it easy for anyone to create, produce and distribute video shows through the Web--and beyond,said Mike Hudack, blip.tv co-founder and CEO. "Through this great partnership with Akimbo, user-created videos can now make the leap...
- William Randolph Hearst III in screenplays magazine
The market for web video is finally taking off, and Akimbo clearly has the most complete solution at the right time,said William Randolph Hearst, III, affiliated partner with Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers.