- s similar in quality or character
a feeling akin to terror
- s related by blood
- It should be something akin to a vibrant and muscular fitness of the human mind and spirit.
- It comes from an ancient medicinal recipe of the Unani tradition akin to a Muslim Ayurveda.
- Furthermore, these books had positioned themselves (and we live with this legacy today) as a childish treat akin to toy cars and baby dolls.
News & Articles
- Cone Health announces plans to lay off 150 workers
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) -- Cone Health announced Wednesday that it's laying off 150 workers to help cut $30 million from its budget.President and chief operating officer Terry Akin said the health care provider will eliminate a total of 300 jobs over the next three months. Of those jobs, 150 are vacant, he said."This...
June 22, 2013 - The Post and Courier
- Chris Gill: NASCAR isn't nimble enough to improve the schedule
For years, road racing in NASCAR was akin to a 7-3 football game in which you have no rooting interest – sure, it was still racing, but only interesting to die-hard fans. These days, the racing on serpentine tracks, in both the Sprint Cup and Nationwide divisions, has become some of the best eye candy all year. Despite the trend, there are only five road races out of 69 events between NASCAR’s ...
June 21, 2013 - The Journal-Standard
- Akin-Otiko wins Nebraska Gatorade girls track honors
Freshman sprinter Chloe Akin-Otiko of Bellevue West has been named the Gatorade Nebraska girls track athlete of the year.
June 19, 2013 - Lincoln Journal Star
- Jeff Sessions in New York Times
The ranking Republican on the panel, Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama, said: "Call it empathy, call it prejudice, or call it sympathy, but whatever it is, it's not law. In truth it's more akin to politics. And politics has no place in the...
- Andrew Cuomo in ABC News
When a company pays funds that the company effectively doesn't have, it's akin to a looting of a company,Cuomo said. "You could argue if the taxpayers didn't bail out AIG, those contracts wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on."
- Eric Cantor in CBS News
I've received threats since I assumed elected office, not only because of my position but also because I'm Jewish,Cantor said. "Any suggestion that a leader in this body would incite threats...... is akin to saying I would endanger myself,...