airy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s open to or abounding in fresh air
- s not practical or realizable; speculative
airy theories about socioeconomic improvement
- s having little or no perceptible weight; so light as to resemble air
airy gauze curtains
- s characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; as impalpable or intangible as air
an airy apparition
- Light, airy and short, it was the perfect silhouette to beat the summer heat and gracefully disguise any extra pounds.
- CHRISTINA KIM: The Korean-born designer creates simple, airy pieces inspired by her travels.
- A retired lawyer, he still lives in the airy suburban Seattle house overlooking Lake Washington where Bill III--the boy he calls "Trey"--grew up.
News & Articles
- Wilson Road open in Mt. Airy
According to Mt. Airy Police Chief Corey Allen, Wilson Road in Mt. Airy is back open after being closed due to flash flooding overnight.
June 10, 2013 - The Northeast Georgian
- Vehicle swept away by rushing flood waters in Mt. Airy
A Jeep Grand Cherokee was swept away by rushing water in Mt. Airy Sunday night, trapping a family of three. MT. AIRY - A family of three, including an infant, was trapped in a sport-utility vehicle when it was swept away by rushing waters in Mt. Airy Sunday night.
June 10, 2013 - AccessNorthGa.com
- Mount Airy man arrested in double shooting
MOUNT AIRY, N.C. — Deputies say a Mount Airy man has been charged in connection with a double shooting that...
June 6, 2013 - FOX 8 WGHP
- John McCain in Forbes
McCain said the opinion contained "airy constructs ...... as poor substitutes for clear and rigorous constitutional reasoning."
- Donovan in NME.com
I know it sounds like an airy-fairy hippie dream to go on about '60s peace and love,Donovan told the Associated Press "But the world is ready for this now." "I met David Lynch, who told me about the positive effects of TM in...
- Bruno Tonioli in CTV.ca
Tonioli called singer Donna Osmond's rumba "a bit airy-fairy" and promptly got a mock kiss from the G-rated performer.