- s abounding in or exposed to the wind or breezes
a windy bluff
- s not practical or realizable; speculative
- s resembling the wind in speed, force, or variability
a windy dash home
- s using or containing too many words
long-winded (or windy) speakers
- Into the austere, windy surf scene on the opposite page, into the realistic but unreal city below it, Raymond Breinin (rhymes with winin' dinin') has put the quality that sets.
- So I award the nod to Hartley, his talking cures that never quite cured anyone and his windy Windy City patients.
- He stayed in, but grew increasingly dissatisfied with City's predictable mixture of entertainment listings and windy anti-Establishment articles.
News & Articles
- Utah forecast: Hot, dry and windy conditions ahead
Utah forecast: Hot, dry and windy conditions ahead by Bob Mims The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 11, 2013 11:19AM MDT Utah’s sizzling hot temperatures have abated some, but thunderstorms with little rain were expected at the mid-week along with gusty winds — a recipe for potential wildfires. As a result, the National Weather Service put the western two-thirds of the state under a Hazardous ...
June 11, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Tuesday Web Weather
Partly cloudy and windy today. Critical fire weather over the next 48 hours because of low humidity and gusty winds.
June 11, 2013 - KOLO 8 Reno
- All Pecos Canyon residents allowed to return to their homes
A roadblock at Windy Bridge on N.M. 63 in the Pecos Canyon was lifted at noon today and residents were allowed to return home as firefighters progressed on the Tres Lagunas fire.
June 11, 2013 - Santa Fe New Mexican