- v control the humidity and temperature of
The room was cool because it had been air-conditioned
- v equip with an apparatus for controlling the humidity and temperature
Our house is not air-conditioned
- s cooled by air conditioning
- World War II is becoming an air-conditioned war.
- American brand names like Levi's and McDonald's clutter the air-conditioned interiors, teenagers in low-cut jeans hang out in groups, cappuccino is sold at kiosks, and everyone .
- Today, 80 percent of American homes are air-conditioned, a figure that's even higher in the steamy Southern states and a bit lower in the northernmost climes.
News & Articles
- Relief from the Heat Available in North Little Rock
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, AR - Residents without air-conditioned homes have a place to beat the heat this summer. Summer is here and heat and humidity are on the rise. Heat and high humidity is a dangerous mix that contributes to illness and death.
June 13, 2013 - CW Arkansas
- OneBlood center pushes for more blood donations during the slow summer months
By Jordan Culver Democrat staff writer @JordanCulver on Twitter -- Chris Gossman has been saving lives for the past four years from the comfort of an air-conditioned building with free Wi-Fi.
June 13, 2013 - Tallahassee Democrat
- Men In Skirts: Swedish Train Workers Ditch Pants In Heat Wave
Amid record high temperatures in Sweden last month, temperatures inside un-air-conditioned cars on Stockholm commuter trains reached about 95° Fahrenheit (35° Celsius), and male train drivers sweltered in long pants. Their company dress code prohibited short pants, while female employees could wear skirts.
June 12, 2013 - Forbes
- John McCain in International Herald Tribune
There's a lot of people who are armchair generals who reside here in the air-conditioned comfort of Capitol Hill, who somehow do not trust the judgment of some of the finest leaders that our nation has produced,said Sen. John McCain, the top...
- Lee Kuan Yew in International Herald Tribune
Lee Kuan Yew, the founder of modern Singapore, described his island nation in Parliament this week as "a neat and tidy place with no chewing gum, no smoking in air-conditioned places, no this, no that - not a fun place."
- Kevin Rudd in Sydney Morning Herald
Australia is proud of what you are doing,Mr Rudd told the soldiers. "I wish you a very, very happy Christmas. I am sure that all your tents will be air-conditioned for the festive season. Attempted to, I have no idea if they will be."