- n a word or group of words function as an adverb
- a of or relating to or functioning as an adverb
- OUR offices have been flooded with readers' contributions since the appearance of PTI'S May 31 Modern Living story on Tom Swiftiesthe little book of adverbial puns by Paul.
- The dialogue, as usual, is tone-deaf, and the adverbial crunches devastating (Bernard "winced inwardly"; "'Blah!' the drunk angrily ejaculated").
- Its object: to create an adverbial link between what is said and how it is said.