twins twins /ˈtwɪnz/
- (n) (mineralogy) two interwoven crystals that are mirror images on each other
- (n) the third sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about May 21 to June 20
- Every now then, by a cruel quirk of nature, twins are born joined together.
- Grovenburg's babies should behave much as twins do; in all likelihood, the second baby will be born slightly premature when Julia first goes into labor.
- For the second time in three years, Chicago doctors were faced with a problem rare in medical history: what to do about Siamese twins joined together at the top of their heads.
- Twins third-base coach Joe Vavra was asleep in his Wisconsin home when he and his wife were startled awake by a phone call at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday.on June 19, 2013 Source: Pioneer Press
- A bus carrying the Elizabethton Twins, a rookie ball affilate of the Minnesota Twins organization, was involved in fatal head-on collision on an interstate highway outside of Jacksonville, Florida, early Tuesday morning, reports KARE 11 Minneapolis-St.on June 18, 2013 Source: Philly.com
- The Elizabethton Twins are a rookie-ball team of Minnesota. / Elizabethton Twins JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A bus carrying a minor league team affiliated with the Minnesota Twins was involved in a wrong-way interstate crash in Florida that killed the driver of the other car.on June 18, 2013 Source: Reno Gazette-Journal
- "I'm glad he was able to hit it in a Twins uniform," Killebrew said. "I only wish I could have been there to see it."on Jul 3, 2010 By: Harmon Killebrew Source: The Associated Press
- "Herb Carneal's voice was the signature element of Twins baseball for multiple generations of fans," said club president Dave St. Peter, a longtime friend of Carneal's. "Clearly, he was one of the most beloved figures in Minnesota sports...on Apr 1, 2007 By: Dave Campbell Source: In-Forum (subscription)
- Speaking to USA Today, Bay said: "One thing we're getting rid of is what I call the 'dorky comedy.' So the twins, the two bumbling slang-spewing robots? They're basically gone."on Jun 14, 2010 By: Michael Bay Source: In Entertainment (blog)