original original /ə ˈrɪ dʒə nəl/
- (n) an original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made
- (n) something that serves as a model or a basis for making copies
- (adj) preceding all others in time or being as first made or performed
- (adj) (of e.g. information) not secondhand or by way of something intermediary
- (adj) being or productive of something fresh and unusual; or being as first made or thought of
- (adj) not derived or copied or translated from something else
- Those who hope to find the original biblical item, moreover, will likely reject Parfitt's claim that the best we can do is an understudy.
- Sometimes the original heart stopped beating first.
- LOS ANGELES -- Netflix announced a deal on Monday to air television programming from Dreamworks Animation in what the company described as its biggest transaction ever for original first-run content.on June 20, 2013 Source: Everett Herald
- The original Goose Island brewery on North Clybourn will be closing after the owners were unable to reach a new deal on their lease.on June 20, 2013 Source: CBS Chicago
- Naketha Mattocks has been named VP Original Movies at Disney Channels , where she will oversee creative development for the Disney Channel Original Movie franchise, reporting to EVP Original Programming Adam Bonnett. She succeeds SVP Original Movies Michael Healy , who l eft the company in April after nearly 16 years and more than 90 Disney Channel movies to pursue other opportunities. The next ...on June 20, 2013 Source: Deadline Hollywood
- "iPhone 4 is the biggest leap since the original iPhone," said Jobs. "FaceTime video calling sets a new standard for mobile communication, and our new Retina display is the highest resolution display ever in a phone, with text looking like it...on Jun 29, 2010 By: Steve Jobs Source: ITWeb
- "There is such a sickness there," Shatner said of Takei. "It's so patently obvious that there is a psychosis there. I don't know what his original thing about me was. I have no idea."on Oct 22, 2008 By: William Shatner Source: SyFyPortal
- "The middle ground we've reached creates more jobs than the original Senate bill and spends less than the original House bill," Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid, one of the participants in the lightening-speed negotiations, said at the Capitol.on Feb 11, 2009 By: Harry Reid Source: guardian.co.uk