woebegone : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s worn and broken down by hard use
a woebegone old shack
- s affected by or full of grief or woe
his sorrow...made him look...haggard and...woebegone"- George du Maurier
- Twice in the course of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, its amusingly woebegone protagonist, Peter Bretter (Jason Segel, who also wrote the screenplay) appears stark naked, his .
- They hate their trailers; they hate their scripts; they especially dislike directors like Viktor Taransky (Al Pacino)--once aspiring, now merely woebegone.
- In this book, his masterpiece, Morris Bober is a woebegone neighborhood grocer whose modest store is failing and whose luck actually takes a turn for the worse when he is held up .
News & Articles
- Deeds Recorded - June 9, 2013
The following deeds were recorded at the Lancaster County Courthouse May 28 through May 31.Akron BoroughHarold T. Zeager and Kelly A. Zeager conveyed 41 Miller Road to Mark A. Shelley and Beth P. Shelley for $195,000.Bart TownshipDavid R. Dunmire and Judith Dunmire conveyed property on Woebegone Roa...
June 9, 2013 - Lancaster Online
- Myles Brand in ESPN
This is not Lake Woebegone, where every student athlete and every team can be above average,Brand said. "The 50 percent rate, while not sacrosanct, is a good rate to measure whether we're making progress."
- Rick Majerus in SI.com
They're the kids from Lake Woebegone,said St. Louis men's coach Rick Majerus. "All the men are strong, all the women are good looking and all the kids are above average."
- Michael Leunig in Sydney Morning Herald
The inner creature is the animal that's in all of us,Leunig says. "It's a little sad because it's a bit locked up. It's woebegone because it wants to run free, while the exterior human is all sophisticated and slick. I think the...