decrepit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s worn and broken down by hard use
a decrepit bus...its seats held together with friction tape
- s lacking bodily or muscular strength or vitality
- His face is on the whitewashed walls of the decrepit homes of Gaza's Bureij Refugee Camp.
- As the office workers head to their favorite watering holes, three salarymen split from the crowd and enter a decrepit building that stands between a karaoke lounge and a tavern.
- To get there from the capital requires a 25-minute drive through the soul of modern Russia, past decrepit Soviet-era apartment blocks, the mashed-up French Tudor-villa McMansions .
News & Articles
- Touring Tamriel in The Elder Scrolls Online
It was a productive afternoon: I rescued a pig, solved a murder, and foiled a regicide—not bad for a sell-sword who's 90 years-young. At this year's E3 I scored some time with a beta build of Bethesda's new MMORPG, The Elder Scrolls Online. I explored the lands of Tamriel as a decrepit mercenary, bent on stealing anything and everything that wasn't bolted down. After a brief crash course on the ...
June 12, 2013 - PC World
- 007 island carries scars of wartime past
Hashima Island is one of the strangest places you'll ever be able to explore -- and few can. This eerie, desolate place of deserted tower blocks some 17 kilometers (10.5 miles) off the coast of Nagasaki in western Japan was opened to tourists four years ago but access is strictly limited. The buildings are too decrepit, so tourists skirt a defined path around one corner of the island. Only with ...
June 11, 2013 - Local 10 Miami
- East Palo Alto wins 'grassroots' redevelopment award
by Elena Kadvany In the last undeveloped area of East Palo Alto, most see empty fields, vacant lots and long underutilized, decrepit industrial buildings -- one of which used to house a pesticide manufacturer and another, a chemical-recycling facility.
June 8, 2013 - Palo Alto Weekly
- Michael Parkinson in Essex Echo
Sir Michael said: "I wanted to get involved in something that has been a mystery for me. I had imagined I would be a mature student but now I would be a decrepit student."
- Dan Rutherford in Bloomington Pantagraph
I think it's positive that the governor said he doesn't want to close it. It's better than saying it's an old, decrepit building,Rutherford said.
- Charles Schumer in amNewYork
Despite record billion dollar profits, it seems the big oil companies are willing to turn a blind eye to their decrepit oil refineries,said Schumer in a statement. "Instead of putting profits straight into their pockets, oil companies...