wiry : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s lean and sinewy
- a of or relating to wire
- s of hair that resembles wire in stiffness
wiry red hair
- Of all the Chinese figures the world came to know in the course of last year's tumult, the most memorable was anonymous: that wiry young man who halted a column of tanks near .
- Once on the scene, though, the Slasher a wiry, nervous guy, like Billy Bob Thornton with Tom Waits' rasp thrums like a racing engine.
- Last week Big Daddy, a former heavyweight champion of Uganda, challenged the wiry Nyerere to a boxing match to settle the fate of the invaded land.
News & Articles
- Best Places For Laser Hair Removal In Chicago
We love the cascading curls or stick-straight beauty of the hair on our heads, but those wiry ones poking out of the chin or upper lip area - not so much. Zap it off at these Chicago laser hair removal offices.
June 11, 2013 - CBS Chicago
- Final hole mars Inbee Park's round
Rolex world No. 1 Inbee Park was just two shots off the lead when she stepped to the 18th tee Friday at the Wegmans LPGA Championship, but then she airmailed the final green. Park made double bogey from a wiry patch back there.
June 8, 2013 - The Golf Channel
- Watch Savages Make Intense U.S. Network TV Debut on 'Fallon'
There's an out-of-time quality to Savages' wiry post-punk, which recalls styles developed in the late '70s and made fashionable again in the early-to-mid '00s, but the London quartet stand out through their fervent live performances and laser-guided songwriting...
June 5, 2013 - Spin
- David Letterman in CBS News
He looks like the guy who makes keys at hardware store. He looks like the guy who has wiry hair growing out of new places,Letterman said as McCain walked onto the stage.
- Nate McMillan in SI.com
I would much rather have him be wiry strong than bulky, especially coming off a surgery,McMillan said. "When you're talking about putting on extra weight and having to carry that weight on a surgically repaired leg, that's not good. We...
- Bill Hall in American Chronicle
He's a big guy, so he's not that fast, electric athlete like a Jose Reyes-type,Hall said. "He's not a guy who's real wiry. But he's a great athlete, and his body is just built to play baseball."