- s lean and sinewy
- s (of meat) full of sinews; especially impossible to chew
- s forming viscous or glutinous threads
- s consisting of or containing string or strings
- Wes Santee is a stringy 20-year-old who runs for the University of Kansas track team.
- Victor--with his black beret and long, stringy hair that scream "Victim!"--is enduring a stream of abuse from Brad.
- Above Split, the stringy island of Pag was also in Partisan hands.
News & Articles
- Picking a Bone With Pecan Lodge
Barbecued brisket is a finicky son of a bitch. Cook it too fast and you'll be left with a dry, rubbery hunk of beef the size of your grandmother's purse. Cook it too long and you can end up with a pile of loose, stringy meat. Smoke a perfect brisket on a cool spring morning and you'll get one res...
June 12, 2013 - Dallas Observer
- Jenny Owen Youngs in Access Hollywood
Her acoustic guitar-playing was occasionally joined on stage by Brad Gordon who played, as Jenny calls them "the key plank and the stringy paddle."
- Henry Lawson in Stuff.co.nz
Father built a two-roomed slab-and-bark hut over on the flat on the other side of the gully - and on the other side of the world as it was then: and Grandfather came with a load of stringy-bark slabs and stringy-bark poles for a kitchen,...
- Gayle King in Oprah.com
Honestly, when I got the magazine, words like braised, caramelized onions, buttery, stringy : I was so excited,Gayle says. "Somebody said to me, 'Gosh, you're like a kid at Christmas.' And you know I can get that excited just reading words...