- n the winds from the west that occur in the temperate zones of the Earth
- s of wind; from the west
- s moving toward the west
- r toward the west
we began to steer away westerly"- Daniel Defoe
- r from the west
the wind blew westerly
- But the hot desert winds that fueled the flames began to ease Tuesday night, giving hope that the quick westerly progress of the fire would finally slow.
- Victoria-based Weather Bureau meteorologist Dr Harvey Stern blamed weeks of westerly winds for blocking colder blasts of air that would normally reduce temperatures.
- Another worrying aspect comes in the westerly shift of deforestation.
- President Bush in icBerkshire
Following a cabinet meeting in Washington, Mr Bush said: "I wish we could control the wind, because one of the things that's hampering our joint capability of fighting these fires is the strong westerly winds. I want the people in southern...
- Mark Thompson in Melbourne Herald Sun
To see anyone kick a goal from that pocket like the way he did today when the wind was blowing in that south-westerly direction, it was just an amazing goal,Geelong coach Mark Thompson said.
- Jeff Berardelli in CBS News
Especially during the day today and even during the day tomorrow is this westerly wind which comes up and over the mountains and then sinks,said Berardelli. "That sinking air actually rubs the molecules together [:] just like rubbing your...