easterly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a wind from the east
- s lying in or toward the east
- s from the east; used especially of winds
the winds are easterly
- r from the east
the winds blew easterly all night
- Residents of more easterly Detroit, however, were loath to lose the extra hour of leisure-time illumination that Daylight Saving gave them.
- The Science study also found that as the oceans warmed, the trade winds the easterly surface winds that blow near the equator weakened, which further dissipated the low .
- Losses in Texas owing to drought have apparently been practically offset by gains in more easterly portions of the cotton belt.
News & Articles
- Hot and humid with only a few storms
The heat and humidity are on as highs will reach the low 90s with heat index values close to 100. Afternoon storms will be limited, but we will see a few mainly inland, E of I-75. Rain chances remain similar with the heat through Friday. A weak front brings a few showers on Saturday and it brings back the easterly winds. That means more typical afternoon showers and storms that blow back ...
June 13, 2013 - WTSP-TV Tampa
- Tonys 2013: Neil Patrick Harris jumps through hoop, puts on show
Broadway dreams get a warm embrace in a lively telecast once again hosted by the unshakable Neil Patrick Harris. Broadway, you are a place and an idea, a subset of an artform bounded by certain northerly, easterly, westerly and southerly Manhattan streets surrounding the walk-through pinball machine known as Times Square. Sunday night at Radio City Music Hall, which is outside your official ...
June 10, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- World weather photos: Mother Nature's springtime wrath
A pair of lightning bolts are seen striking the ground as a line of thunderstorms passes over Tyler, Texas on Tuesday, May 22, 2013. This same front continues to move easterly across the country.
June 10, 2013 - Eyewitness News Bakersfield
- Martin Ferguson in AFP
This spill will continue to spread in a north-easterly direction and I must say, as of today the weather conditions are assisting,Ferguson said. "They are a bit more choppy and that will assist in the natural break-up of the oil and gas."
- Paul Harris in Reuters UK
The south-easterly definitely helped me,Harris told a news conference.