- n furniture consisting of a table or stand to hold a basin and pitcher of water for washing: `wash-hand stand' is a British term
- n a bathroom sink that is permanently installed and connected to a water supply and drainpipe; where you can wash your hands and face
- One wet, crumpled towel is left on the washstand, the legacy of yesterday's guest, who seems to have shined his shoes with it.
- When she came back she ordered the nurse to get some ice, and placed the bottle on a washstand.
- In the bed room was a cupboard (containing a washstand) equipped with an automatic light switch.
News & Articles
- Brockton chase leads to drug arrests
By Nat Shapira Special to the Enterprise “Be progressive. Keep Gillette on your home washstand—take it with you when you travel…Life is brighter when a clean face is an every morning habit.”—Gillette ad, 1910. * * * As the bathroom sink was filling with hot water, I was in the pre-soap stage, just beginning to splash my bearded face, when the cat, who had been lying, purring, atop the ...
Aug. 13, 2013 - The Brockton Enterprise