basin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a bowl-shaped vessel; usually used for holding food or liquids
she mixed the dough in a large basin
- n the quantity that a basin will hold
a basinful of water
- n a natural depression in the surface of the land often with a lake at the bottom of it
the basin of the Great Salt Lake
- n the entire geographical area drained by a river and its tributaries; an area characterized by all runoff being conveyed to the same outlet
flood control in the Missouri basin
- n a bathroom sink that is permanently installed and connected to a water supply and drainpipe; where you can wash your hands and face
he ran some water in the basin and splashed it on his face
- The Powder River basin is a hot "play" in natural gas.
- The full extent of the Williston Basin's reserves will not be known until thousands of square miles, as yet untouched, are drilled.
- Sevastopol was lost, the Don basin was nearly lost, the Germans reached the Caucasus.
News & Articles
- Basin Harbor Club Announces Berries & Bluegrass Tickets Now Available Along with Festival Lineup
Vermont resort , Basin Harbor Club, is announcing that tickets for their summer music festival are now available. The Vermont music festival, will take place on June 6th at the Red Mill Restaurant in Vermont. (PRWeb June 19, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10845802.htm
June 19, 2013 - PRWeb
- Basin bass rule changes Thursday
New regulations for the tens of thousands of bass fishermen who take to the Atchafalaya Basin and surrounding waters will be in place later this month after Thursday's Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission voted to change more than 20 years of regul
June 19, 2013 - The Lafayette Daily Advertiser
- Permian Basin Royalty Trust Announces June Cash Distribution
DALLAS, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Permian Basin Royalty Trust (NYSE: PBT) ("Permian") today declared a cash distribution to the holders of its units of beneficial interest of $0.078498 per ...
June 18, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Kevin Rudd in The Age
Tackling the problems in the Murray-Darling Basin requires serious action on climate change,Mr Rudd said as he visited the Hume Dam on the Murray River, near Albury. "We're moving to tackle climate change with a new scheme to reduce the...
- Maria Cantwell in Forbes
With respect to trade preferences provided under the Caribbean Basin Initiative which will expire in September 2008, the United States has never before confronted the question of extending unilateral trade preferences to a country that has rejected... Dana Perino http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Perino&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGDDj2yzEPA77FNshJ6h82DfxazFg Reuters http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN0525195920071006&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH-s-zIGFAVQ23Srr-FH7rUIhSQQw Oct 5, 2007
8424 11880 basin In addition, it could further threaten salmon in the Columbia-Snake River Basin, and the communities that depend on them, by delaying the development of a legally valid" policy, Cantwell wrote.