- n a bathroom sink that is permanently installed and connected to a water supply and drainpipe; where you can wash your hands and face
- n a basin for washing the hands (`wash-hand basin' is a British expression)
- The former First Lady's washbasin was made of gold.
- In real life, according to Gelbart, "Sid yanked an offending washbasin out of a wall with his bare hands.
- A three-year-old lies on a rubber mat, arranging a washbasin and cups; a five-year-old, blindfolded with a blue eyeshade, feels a sphere, a cube, a cylinder, following out some .