- n a choice that is made by counting the number of people in favor of each alternative
there were only 17 votes in favor of the motion
they allowed just one vote per person
- n the opinion of a group as determined by voting
they put the question to a vote
- n a legal right guaranteed by the 15th amendment to the US Constitution; guaranteed to women by the 19th amendment
American women got the vote in 1920
- n a body of voters who have the same interests
he failed to get the Black vote
- n the total number of voters who participated
they are expecting a large vote
- v express one's preference for a candidate or for a measure or resolution; cast a vote
He voted for the motion
None of the Democrats voted last night
- v express one's choice or preference by vote
vote the Democratic ticket
- v express a choice or opinion
I vote that we all go home
She voted for going to the Chinese restaurant
- v be guided by in voting
vote one's conscience
- v bring into existence or make available by vote
They voted aid for the underdeveloped countries in Asia
- The percentage of businesses that force their employees to pee in a cup is dropping - largely because it never made much sense in the first place The reason they can't vote is that .
- How the vote works, how some post-election scenarios could play out and why, for all its flaws, this is still a good system.
- After the market meltdown brought home the real cost of inaction, many members of Congress are getting a different message from the public and reconsidering their initial no vote.
News & Articles
- Vote to help the kids
By Tribune-Review Vote to help the kids The playground at Grandview Upper Elementary School in Tarentum is in terrible condition. The playground is asphalt with cracks, a ...
June 22, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Utah Democrats vote to keep caucus-convention system
Utah Democrats vote to keep caucus-convention system by Derek P. Jensen The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 23, 2013 12:10AM MDT Ogden • Escaping mostly unscathed from some intraparty sparring, Utah Democrats elected to keep their caucus/convention system intact Saturday, arguing that a switch to an open primary would be too costly and, therefore, prohibitive to common-folk candidates. Following ...
June 22, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Vote for Project of the Week! Will It Be 'Lumme,' 'Subconscious,' 'Bug' or 'Promised Land'?
Vote below for this week's Project of the Week. The winning filmmaker will receive a digital distribution consultation from SnagFilms and will become a candidate for Project of the Month. That winner will be awarded with a creative consultation from the fine folks at the Tribeca Film Institute! The four projects up for the prize: "Ellie Lumme," "Subconscious," "Bug People" and "How To Make It ...
June 21, 2013 - indieWIRE
- President Bush in ABC News
I have spoken with many of you in person. I respect you and the arguments you made,Bush said. "We went into this largely united, in our assumptions and in our convictions. And whatever you voted for, you did not vote for failure."
- Barack Obama in Bloomberg
With all due respect, I won twice as many states as Senator Clinton. I won more of the popular vote than Senator Clinton. I have more delegates than Senator Clinton,Obama said while campaigning in Mississippi, which is holding a primary...