- n a choice that is made by counting the number of people in favor of each alternative
- v express one's preference for a candidate or for a measure or resolution; cast a vote
- v express one's choice or preference by vote
- v express a choice or opinion
- v be guided by in voting
- v bring into existence or make available by vote
- Voters using electronic voting machines in Delray Beach, Florida.
- Young people are voting in numbers not seen in decades.
- The resources below offer additional perpsectives and background on the struggle for women's suffrage, the importance of voting rights and opportunities for young people to become .
News & Articles
- Voting begins in Iran's presidential elections
LONDON (MarketWatch) -- Polls have opened across Iran in voting for a new president, with six candidates vying to replace current leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The 60,000 polling stations across the country will extend their opening hours beyond their original cutoff of 6.00 p.m. local time to cope with high voter turnout, according to media reports on Friday. More than 50 million Iranians are ...
June 14, 2013 - Market Watch
- Voting rights caravan begins in Birmingham
Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan is kicking off a voting rights caravan across Alabama with a rally in Birmingham's Kelly Ingram Park.
June 14, 2013 - FOX 6 News Birmingham
- Voting ends Friday for New Pioneer Food Co-op third location plan
Voting on a possible third New Pioneer Food Co-op wraps up Friday. The cooperative likely will announce on Monday whether members approved moving forward with a third store in the Corridor. A positive vote could bring a store as far north as Cedar Rapids or Marion. General Manager Matt Hartz said roughly 40 percent of [...]
June 13, 2013 - The Gazette
- Barack Obama in CTV.ca
Obama said that Kennedy "was there when the voting rights act passed, along with John Lewis."
- Steve Jobs in Hot Hardware
Customers are voting and the iPhone is winning,said Jobs, "With over 50,000 applications available from Apple's revolutionary App Store, iPhone momentum is stronger than ever."
- Arlen Specter in The Free Lance-Star
We are searching for ...... how senators can succeed in getting substantive answers, as you advocated in the Chicago Law Review, short of voting no,he told Kagan.