- n a choice that is made by counting the number of people in favor of each alternative
- v vote by ballot
The voters were balloting in this state
- And paperless balloting in general is increasingly under fire: the government's premier science-and-technology panel last month came out against it.
- Could the Socialist Unity Party, as the Communists call themselves in East Germany, lose in such balloting? "Theoretically," replied Gunter Schabowski, the East Berlin party boss .
- An oath of loyalty is recited before the balloting, and tradition holds that all voting members remain closed in the hall after a decision is reached, while a single messenger .
News & Articles
- Scenes from a title: Ballots, volleys, terrible towel
There was more to Thursday night at AmericanAirlines Arena than the podium moments of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. There also was balloting mayhem, game-set-match emotions, and Juwan Howard doing Juwan Howard things.
June 21, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- Calling for Public Balloting for a Village Entrance
Editor, Following decades of input and debate spanning many Laguna city councils, it seems questionable not to allow taxpayers and residents the chance to vote upon the huge expenditure of public funds on the village entrance. I am puzzled as to the restriction on our citizen right to vote on an issue with big economic [...] The post Calling for Public Balloting for a Village Entrance appeared ...
June 20, 2013 - The Laguna Beach Independent
- Kuwait schedules July 25 parliamentary election
KUWAIT CITY (AP) — Kuwait's government has scheduled parliamentary elections on July 25 after a court decision dissolved the chamber over flaws in the balloting law.
June 20, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Bill Nelson in Stuff.co.nz
In my view, at this late hour, mail-in balloting would be the most practical and fair way to let Florida voters have a full say in the selection of their Democratic nominee,Nelson said in a statement.
- Francisco Arias CÃ¡rdenas in Voice of America
We would prefer to say that we would not like to speak of losers and defeat, but there must be lessons learned from these 46 rounds of balloting in the General Assembly,noted Cardenas. "For the big countries, it should be clear that they...