- v cover with varnish
- s having a coating of stain or varnish
- Boys strut and saunter along and look dead-eyed, indicating with their edgy killer gestures and careless scornful laughs that this world is all there is a noisy varnished .
- So into this narrow shop he has insinuated a staircase of varnished particle board that runs from the lower level to the center of the main floor.
- Many of its subjects are the eternal themes of artscrubbed, rubbed, varnished, stuffed and updated.
News & Articles
- Pocket Mirror: The old community center
Nobody called it the Community Center. We said communitycenter, running it all together and with no undue emphasis on capital letters. It was downtown on Townsend Street. It was a large, tall, solid brick building with lots of heavy, varnished doors to push, very few windows and a color scheme that combined browns, tans, and ochres lending an air of invincibility to it. It was built like the ...
Aug. 4, 2013 - Midland Daily News
- John Kerry in Bloomberg
This administration has somehow varnished over its own goals,said Senator John Kerry, a Massachusetts Democrat, during the Foreign Relations Committee hearing.
- Peter Beard in FOXNews
Beard said, "He shouldn't have varnished them."