- s directed up
the cards were face upward
an upward stroke of the pen
- s extending or moving toward a higher place
a general upward movement of fish
- r spatially or metaphorically from a lower to a higher position
the fragments flew upwards
prices soared upwards
- r to a later time
from childhood upward
- After standing at unaccustomed ease through the spring and most of the long summer, prices are beginning an upward march.
- El Al stands for "upward" in Hebrew and is an apt description of the 20-year-old Israeli airline that carries the name.
- Still, over the past 4 months, demand has driven Dole Japan to increase its banana imports by upward of 25%, and even then supplies could not keep pace with demand.
News & Articles
- George Will A case for upward mobility
Upward mobility, a new reality.
June 20, 2013 - New Hampshire Union Leader
- Upward Sports breaks ground on $19-million, 60-acre complex off Highway 29
Upward Sports unveiled Tuesday its plan for a $19-million, 60-acre sports complex next to its main office overlooking the North Tyger River Reservoir off Highway 29.
June 18, 2013 - Spartanburg Herald-Journal
- Upward Sports Announces Plans for a Multi-Sport Complex in Spartanburg, SC, Making it the Premier Destination for ...
SPARTANBURG, S.C., June 18, 2013 / Christian Newswire / -- Upward Sports, the world's largest Christian sports league for youth athletics, announced today their plan to develop a world-class 60-acre sports complex next to their corporate headquarters in Spartanburg, S.C., located on Highway 29 off of Interstate I-85.
June 18, 2013 - Christian News Wire
- Jason Mercer in National Post (registration) (blog)
With more to choose from in the second quarter, many home buyers have been making less-aggressive offers. This has resulted in less upward pressure in the average selling price,said Jason Mercer, senior manager of market analysis for TREB,...
- President Bush in FOXNews
Bush said Monday that disruptions to energy supplies are one of his prime concerns, because the hurricane's toll on refineries and pipelines is creating "an upward pressure on price" on already expensive costs at the gasoline pump.