- r spatially or metaphorically from a higher to a lower level or position
- We follow the strata downwards, from modern Alexandria to the Ottoman period, the Mamluks, the Fatimids, Byzantines, Romans and finally the Greeks.
- Wrote Gorey: "The lips were slightly parted, the lower one curled downwards, as it often was.
- On the cloudy day I visited, the plant was running at less than full capacity, and some of the mirrors were turned downwards to block the force of the wind, which had the glass .
News & Articles
- China's May Numbers Disappoint, No Remedies In Sight
Analysts are busy revising their China 2013 growth estimates downwards after Beijing, ahead of a three-day holiday, released May numbers this weekend. Trade figures, announced yesterday, shocked analysts. Exports increased only 1.0% year-on-year, against consensus estimates of 7.4% growth. Everyone expected the May number to be lower than April’s 14.7% figure, which had been obviously inflated ...
June 10, 2013 - Forbes
- ANN's Daily Aero-Term (06.08.13): Flap Deflection Angle
The angle between the deflected flap and the chord line. The angle is positive for a downwards deflection of the flap. Deflect the flap downwards to increase the airfoil’s lift.
June 8, 2013 - The Aero-News Network
- Stocks fall as May jobs report shows US added 175,000 jobs
World stock markets spiral downwards as the release of the important May jobs report curbs investor confidence.
June 7, 2013 - GlobalPost
- Steve Bruce in Times Online
I think there are loose groups, maybe getting financial assistance from some linkages with abroad. But if we think there's a command structure of al-Qaida flowing from the top downwards, with logistics, financial support coming through an organized... Pervez Musharraf http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pervez_Musharraf&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFAVhzySYuE3lF9745wqWMC9w52og FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Nov14/0,4670,Pakistan,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFgiCIYvbNZjaLKZ4CRpLB7heDpCA Nov 13, 2007
30069 38838 downwards When you leave Liverpool, a lot of players go downwards," Bruce said. "Emile has done the opposite. He doesn't owe this club a penny. Whatever the figure was that Wigan paid for him [Â£5.5million], he has paid it back two or three times over...
- David Moyes in ESPN
Moyes said: "We can start looking upwards a bit more than downwards. This was always going to be a tricky month and we have started it pretty well. It was a great result and you don't beat the big teams that often so we are delighted. I have said...