- s at or nearest to the top
the uppermost book in the pile
- r in or into the most prominent position, as in the mind
say what comes uppermost
- r in or into the highest position
the blade turned uppermost
- There was one thought that was uppermost on everyone's mind.
- At 17, he vowed himself to celibacy: "The uppermost thought in my mind was not that of virginity .
- From the guttermost to the uppermost! From the outhouse to the courthouse! From the statehouse to the White House!" The well-dressed congregation of the First African Methodist .
- Barack Obama in ABC News
Obviously, our efforts to continue to go after extremist organizations that would do harm to the homeland is uppermost on our minds,Obama said, promising additional civilian resources to help a stretched military.
- Peter Smith in Reuters South Africa
I am of the strong view that the safety and welfare of the players and the touring group has been uppermost in the minds of Cricket Australia in making this decision,Smith said in a statement. "The Australian Government takes very...
- Frank Hadden in BBC News
Hadden said: "Inevitably, much will be read into this selection given the proximity to the Rugby World Cup and the trimming of our squad next Tuesday to the final 30 who will be on duty for the tournament. But what's uppermost in my mind, as ever,...