- s not famous or acclaimed
unsung heroes of the war
- s having value that is not acknowledged
- On the 50th anniversary of NASA's founding, a small photo tribute to the unsung, furry pioneers who journeyed into orbit, paving the way for human spaceflight.
- But while this electronic brain, as headline writers called it, took the spotlight, ENIAC had a lot of unsung rivals, many of them shrouded in wartime secrecy.
- His last major project was a series of portraits of people he described as Italy's unsung stars in such fields as law, education and geology.
News & Articles
- Interview: Morgan Neville on 20 Feet From Stardom
Director Morgan Neville has been making music docs for nearly 20 years but clearly there was a lot of inspiration that went into making 20 Feet from Stardom , a movie that looks at the unsung heroes of the music business--the back-up singers who often go unnamed or unnoticed compared to the more flamboyant frontman until now.
June 11, 2013 - Coming Soon
- Danny Green's incredible viral ad
Game 2 was a breakout game for the unsung Spur. But believe it or not, it may not be the best showcase of Danny's shooting abilities...
June 11, 2013 - WOAI San Antonio
- Library Matters: Unsung Heroes
In my opinion there are a lot of unsung heroes in Galesburg who volunteer their time to make our community a better place. Mike Kroll comes to mind. No one may have thought he was a hero at the time, but when we lost Mike we knew we lost a hero. People wondered aloud, who would take Mike’s place as vanguard of the public.
June 10, 2013 - The Galesburg Register-Mail
- Ricky Ponting in Reuters India
Australian captain Ricky Ponting said: "This decision is obviously something Damien has thought long and hard about and I know that I and all of the other members of the team will miss him greatly. Damien is one of the world's most unsung players in...
- Bill Keller in Guardian Unlimited
Hassan, who worked for the paper in Baghdad for four years, "was part of a large, sometimes unsung community of Iraqi news-gatherers, translators, and support staff, who take enormous risks every day to help us comprehend their country's struggle...
- Sir Alex Ferguson in BBC Sport
Ferguson added: "Because of the injuries to Gary Neville and Wes Brown, he has become a permanent fixture. He is ahead of everyone now. To my mind John is one of the unsung heroes like we had when Denis Irwin was here."