- a not having or showing or requiring special skill or proficiency
unskilled in the art of rhetoric
workers in unskilled occupations are finding fewer and fewer job opportunities
- s lacking professional skill or expertise
an unskilled painting
- s not doing a good job
- We were unskilled, impulsive and uneducated misfits, mostly black, who had done dumb, impulsive things -- failures, rejects from the larger society.
- Algeria's 10 million people are too many for its backward rural economy, and too few and unskilled for a prosperous industrialized nation.
- Thus it is twice as risky to be an unskilled member of a pick--shovel gang as it is to be a farmer or a lawyer.
News & Articles
- In Defense Of The One-Percenters
Blame the rising income inequality in the U.S. on the "earnings gap between skilled and unskilled workers," says Harvard economist and former chief economic adviser to President George W. Bush, N. Gregory Mankiw in a forthcoming article, "Defending the One Percent," in the Journal of Economic Perspectives, but available on the Internet now.
June 18, 2013 - Forbes
- New Orleans company to pay nearly $60K in OT back wages
Savard Marine Services Inc. provides temporary skilled and unskilled labor to clients for various land and marine-based construction occupations.
June 18, 2013 - FOX 8 New Orleans
- NO company to pay nearly $60K in OT back wages
A construction services employment agency has agreed to pay more than 100 workers nearly $60,000 in back wages after an investigation by the federal labor department. Savard Marine Services Inc. provides temporary skilled and unskilled labor to clients for various land and marine-based construction occupations. The U.S. Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division, in a news release Monday, said ...
June 18, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Alan Bollard in Bloomberg
Firms report that capacity is very stretched and that they are again experiencing increased difficulty in finding both skilled and unskilled staff,Bollard said.
- John Boehner in Before It's News
The irony is that in the name of expanding health care coverage, the administration is making it harder than ever for unskilled workers to get started in the workforce,Boehner said in a missiveon White Castle's plight.
- Andrew Robb in The Age
There's been absolutely zero detail (on the scheme),shadow minister for foreign affairs Andrew Robb told ABC radio yesterday. "Does Australia want unskilled labour coming in from a number of Pacific Islands given there are half-a-million...