- n people who have not been introduced to the mysteries of some field or activity
it diverts the attention of the uninitiate
- s not initiated; deficient in relevant experience
it seemed a bizarre ceremony to uninitiated western eyes
- Only the uninitiate would complain that Seurat should have painted in strokes.
- Off-putting or silly to the uninitiate, her messages inspire true believers.
- Most valuable ingredient in such publications is a feature, completely unintelligible to uninitiate readers, called a "past performance chart" which for every important race run .