naive : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience
a teenager's naive ignorance of life
the naive assumption that things can only get better
this naive simple creature with wide friendly eyes so eager to believe appearances
- s of or created by one without formal training; simple or naive in style
- s inexperienced
- s lacking information or instruction
- s not initiated; deficient in relevant experience
he took part in the experiment as a naive subject
- Shiva's many detractors call her naive, pointing out that chemical fertilizers, pesticides and genetic engineering rescued India from its eternal cycles of famine and huge debts .
- At this point Dean Kamen is used to being called naive.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a President unlike any other Iran has known: belligerent, naive, at once a fundamentalist and nationalist, and a dark genius at mobilizing Iranian public .
News & Articles
- Grassley: Rubio ‘naive’ over immigration
U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, said Wednesday that fellow Republican Sen. Marco Rubio is “naive” on a key aspect of the immigration reform debate now in front of the Senate.
June 13, 2013 - The Globe Gazette
- U.S. Sen. Grassley says Rubio ‘naive’ over immigration
U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, said Wednesday that fellow Republican Sen. Marco Rubio is “naive” on a key aspect of the immigration reform debate now in front of the Senate. Grassley, in a conference call with Iowa reporters, objected to Rubio’s remarks on the Senate floor earlier this week that people who are granted “registered [...]
June 13, 2013 - The Gazette
- Thank you from the bottom of my ‘Hart’
By: Kyle Hart As undeveloped, naive and spry undergraduate “chilluns ,” our predecessors tell us to hold on to every precious moment college has to offer. They remind us that through the repetitious drudgery o...
June 12, 2013 - The Daily Barometer
- Donovan in USA Today
If we're a little less naive tonight, we would have advanced,said Donovan, at 28 in his prime and the best American player ever. "I said all along this was a young team and a relatively inexperienced team at this level."
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
Obama said McCain had a "naive and irresponsible belief that tough talk from Washington will somehow cause Iran to give up it's nuclear program and support for terrorism."
- Wesley Snipes in International Herald Tribune
I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance,Snipes said.