- n a sweater or jersey with a high close-fitting collar
- n any of various aquatic and land reptiles having a bony shell and flipper-like limbs for swimming
- v overturn accidentally
- v hunt for turtles, especially as an occupation
- Globalization has opened up the trade in turtles, which are a sought-after delicacy in Asian markets.
- A year ago, Chicagoans were surprised to find 2,000 bewildered, chilly box turtles crawling about a vacant lot on Michigan Avenue.
- The rare Arakan forest turtle, once though to be extinct, has been rediscovered in a remote forest in Burma, boosting chances of saving the reptile after hunting almost destroyed .
News & Articles
- Turtle abused at golf course
After being beaten with a golf club, a snapping turtle is fighting for its life. The Department of Natural Resources continues to investigate.
June 12, 2013 - TMJ4 Milwaukee
- Turtle Wax Winning the Social Media Race With New Campaign
Turtle Wax has seriously lagged behind some of its more hare-like automotive competitors when it comes to Twitter and Facebook. In short, it's been in social-media standstill. But now, the 67-year-old company is picking up the pace. A month into a campaign that entailed buying multiple hashtags in the men's interest and cars categories, it's seen a Promoted Tweets engagement rate of an ...
June 11, 2013 - AdWeek
- Turtle Beach Reveals New Headset Lineup At E3
LOS ANGELES, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Turtle Beach , the leader in gaming audio, is unveiling new gaming headsets at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) featuring the latest audio technology and ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Bindi Irwin in Independent Online
He saw a dead turtle the other day,Irwin said. "I was trying to explain that it was dead, and he asked if the doctor could fix it, so there is a lot of explaining."
- Kevin Rudd in Camden Advertiser
As happened before the last election, the 2004 election, whatever is said before the election, we know one thing for certain - what they say before the election will turn turtle after the election,Mr Rudd said. "We've got flip, flop, flap...
- Sylvia Earle in San Jose Mercury News
It took a long time for me to be able to see a turtle underwater, now any little kid can do it,Earle said.