- n the group that gathers together for a particular occasion
a large turnout for the meeting
- n a part of a road that has been widened to allow cars to pass or park
- n a short stretch of railroad track used to store rolling stock or enable trains on the same line to pass
- n what is produced in a given time period
- n a set of clothing (with accessories)
- n attendance for a particular event or purpose (as to vote in an election)
the turnout for the rally
- n (ballet) the outward rotation of a dancer's leg from the hip
- Curtis Gans of the Center for the Study of the American Electorate has issued his final report on turnout in the 2008 election.
- That's because voter turnout was about 10 percent higher than last time, and a convincing majority of the estimated 2 million first-time voters appear to have preferred the antiwar .
- Yes, it is perhaps the oldest cliche in politics to say that everything is riding on turnout.
News & Articles
- Good turnout in Lake Zurich for first Iron Girl triathlon
The Athleta Iron Girl Triathlon, held Sunday morning at Lake Zurich's Paulus Park, attracted 305 finishers. Event manager Sarah Frey said it was a good turnout for the first year, and will lead to another Iron Girl triathlon here next year. "It's just a perfect fit," she said. "(Lake Zurich) is a great place for a triathlon."
June 16, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Senior Games has record turnout
A record turnout of participants, 195 in total, came out to take part in the annual Four-County Senior Games at the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford on Friday morning.
June 15, 2013 - The Bradford Era
- Low turnout in Somerset Hills area primaries
With no contested races locally, voter turnout was predictably low across the Somerset Hills in the Tuesday, June 4, primary election.
June 14, 2013 - The Bernardsville News
- Hamid Karzai in guardian.co.uk
The Afghan people defied rockets, bombs and intimidation and came out to vote,Karzai said after polls closed. "We'll see what the turnout was. But they came out to vote. That's great, that's great."
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
I'm probably the only candidate who having won the nomination can actually redraw the political map,Obama told an audience in Concord, New Hampshire on Monday. "I guarantee you African-American turnout, if I'm the nominee, goes up 30...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in CNN
This has been a record turnout, because Floridians want their voices to be heard on the great issues that affect this nation and the world,Clinton said.