- n lining of the stomach of a ruminant (especially a bovine) used as food
- n nonsensical talk or writing
- Is it possible that some pompous scribe may have found it clever to report the following tripe during the period when rose up against the british in our wars with them?.
- Well, PNNTO, John Edwards was once in congress, wasn't he? It's not as though there is no connection at all for this tripe (continuing the food theme.
- There were more than 260 tripe shops in regional capital Manchester a century ago, many of which sold faggots, a traditional English dish made from a mixture of pork liver, fatty .
News & Articles
- Greg Mankiw Loves the One Percent, Doesn’t Know Why
Sometimes, after considered reflection, you reconsider something you wrote quickly. Yesterday I published a piece calling Harvard economist and Republican adviser Greg Mankiw’s paper “Defending the One Percent” an “embarrassing piece of ignorant tripe.”
June 25, 2013 - New York Magazine
- St. John’s Feast kicks off Friday night
CUMBERLAND – Steaming plates of tripe stew and barbecue chicken and the traditional Marchas de São João will highlight Clube Juventude Lusitana’s annual Saint John’s Feast, a three-day Portuguese festival that kicks off tonight. One of the biggest Portuguese feasts of its kind in Rhode Island, the festival grounds at the club’s headquarters on Chase Street, including its three function halls ...
June 21, 2013 - The Woonsocket Call
- For-profit schools are angling for less oversight
Re: the June 14 online commentary “Independent school leaders back Opportunity Scholarship Act”: What a load of self-serving tripe.
June 20, 2013 - Asheville Citizen-Times
- Woody Allen in Back Stage
All the crap that they tell you about ...... getting joy, and having a kind of wisdom in your golden years -- it's all tripe,said Allen, who turns 70 on December 1. "I've gained no wisdom, no insight, no mellowing. I would make all the...
- James Inhofe in Enter Stage Right
As Inhofe told Clinton and Boxer, "It's market driven, and there's no market for your liberal tripe."
- Brian Laws in Sportinglife.com
I don't know where that story came from but is complete tripe,Laws told the Sheffield Star. "There is no truth in it whatsoever and Francis has my 100% support. We will look at him and see how he goes."