- n (usually plural) accessory wearing apparel
- n stable gear consisting of a decorated covering for a horse, especially (formerly) for a warhorse
- Havana displayed all the trappings of free election.
- What about the trappings of success? "I have a lovely cottage in Yorkshire," Bailey says.
- But those are just the over-30 nerd trappings of success.
News & Articles
Destination weddings allow wedding couples and their guests to escape the trappings of daily life during the days leading up to the most magical of all days.
June 13, 2013 - Easy Reader
- Aging Gracefully and Plastic Surgery Are No Longer Mutually Exclusive
LOS ANGELES, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The phrase "age gracefully" has permeated American culture. It suggests a person who wishes to present an aged self to the world, but with dignity that transcends the fickle trappings of physical beauty. If this sounds pompous, you may...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire
- South Bryan marina scene of music video
There were little, if any, of the trappings of what most might associate with the filming of a music video to be found at Fort McAllister Marina last Saturday, but nonetheless local singer songwriter Larry Barker, cast and crew were busy shooting scenes to create the visual art that will accompany the recut of Baker's song "31-81 Cruising."The song, originally released by Barker in 2008, had ...
June 10, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- Natasha Bedingfield in New Zealand Herald
Our wedding day was everything we'd hope it would be,Bedingfield, 27, told Us magazine in a statement. "It was simple, beautiful and natural. Free from trappings or formalities, it was more about expressing our love for one another in...
- Mike Huckabee in Washington Post
I believe I can win or I wouldn't be in this race,said Huckabee. "It will happen because over the next few months people are going to start sifting beyond the trappings and start asking not just what is this person saying, but is what this...
- Gordon Brown in Reuters India
...to a Sunday newspaper, Brown said he will stay on as prime minister because he wants to help Britons through the recession, not out of any desire to hang on to the "trappings of power".