- n stable gear consisting of a decorated covering for a horse, especially (formerly) for a warhorse
- v place in a confining or embarrassing position
- v catch in or as if in a trap
- v hold or catch as if in a trap
- v to hold fast or prevent from moving
- Fanned by 35-mile-an-hour gusts, fireballs leaped to other fully loaded planes, trapping the pilots inside.
- And some hydrologists say that by trapping silt the dam could actually make downstream riverbanks more vulnerable to flooding.
- It takes a forest twice the size of New Jersey to process that much of the heat-trapping gas.
News & Articles
- Ohio hunting and trapping season dates released
COLUMBUS — The 2013-14 Ohio hunting and trapping season dates have been released by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources. The seasons include changes to address deer management on a county level, and increase hunting opportunities through extended hours and a new early muzzleloader season.
June 14, 2013 - Port Clinton News Herald
- First mosquito sample tests positive for West Nile virus
The mosquito sample from a trapping site in northeast Harris County came back positive.
June 14, 2013 - KPRC Local 2 Houston
- State reviewing anti-trapping initiative proposal
An anti-trapping organization is proposing a ballot initiative for 2014 that would ban animal trapping on public lands in Montana.
June 12, 2013 - Montana Kaimin
- President Bush in FOXNews
Even as our troops are showing some success in cornering and trapping al-Qaida, they face a lot of challenges,Bush said.
- Paul Pierce in ESPN
In Game 1 and 2, I was hesitant, a bit indecisive,said Pierce. "But I'm getting comfortable with what they're trying to do with me as far as trapping and when I get in the lane. Tonight, I tried to go a little bit faster when I got the...
- Doc Rivers in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Our offensive execution was as crisp and solid as we've had in a month,Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "The defense was terrific. We were trapping, smothering, didn't make a lot of adjustments, just did what we should do, and we did it...