- n an artifact designed to be played with
- n a nonfunctional replica of something else (frequently used as a modifier)
a toy stove
- n a device regarded as providing amusement
private airplanes are a rich man's toy
- n a copy that reproduces a person or thing in greatly reduced size
- n any of several breeds of very small dogs kept purely as pets
- v behave carelessly or indifferently
- v manipulate manually or in one's mind or imagination
- v engage in an activity as if it were a game rather than take it seriously
toy with an idea
- By IToysFor ages 8 $34.
- The toy retailer thinks that, during down times, consumers need more than just toys.
- JOYSTICKY Video games (not toys) captivate Anthony Konieczka and his sister Michaely.
News & Articles
- Skenazy: Toy guns aren't the problem
A school in Hayward, Calif., is offering a 'toy gun buyback' to its students, modeled on the buybacks of real guns at real police stations.
June 15, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- No more Mr. Nice Toy: Lego figures smile less
Lego, maker of the plastic toy pieces and figures that spawned a global empire, isn't playing nice anymore. That's the finding of a recent study, which showed that an increasing number of Lego figures' faces are scowling, frowning or snarling rather than smiling. In the 1970s, when Lego added human figures to their successful line of construction blocks, most of the figures wore happy, contented ...
June 15, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- 2013 Toy Fair: Cut The Rope Toys and Games
Zeptolab, the people behind the hit mobile games, Cut The Rope, and Pudding Monsters are branching into the physical realm with a line of Cut The Rope themed toys. I met up with them at Toy Fair for a tour ...
June 15, 2013 - Wired News