- n the upper part of anything
the mower cuts off the tops of the grass
- n the highest or uppermost side of anything
- n the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill)
- n the first half of an inning; while the visiting team is at bat
- n the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development
- n the greatest possible intensity
- n platform surrounding the head of a lower mast
- n a conical child's plaything tapering to a steel point on which it can be made to spin
- n covering for a hole (especially a hole in the top of a container)
- n a garment (especially for women) that extends from the shoulders to the waist or hips
- n a canvas tent to house the audience at a circus performance
- v be superior or better than some standard
- v pass by, over, or under without making contact
the balloon cleared the tree tops
- v be at the top of or constitute the top or highest point
A star tops the Christmas Tree
- v be ahead of others; be the first
- v provide with a top or finish the top (of a structure)
- v reach or ascend the top of
- v strike (the top part of a ball in golf, baseball, or pool) giving it a forward spin
- v cut the top off
- v be the culminating event
- v finish up or conclude
- s of the highest quality
she is absolutely tops
- Since wool tops are wool that has been considerably processed, it seems logical to the uninitiated that wool tops should cost more than raw wool.
- Though it starred hot young actors Jamie Foxx, Jessica Biel and Josh Lucas and aspired to the mammoth success of the jets-jocks-and-babes urtext Top Gun, Stealth tops the list of .
- Carly Patterson is tops, hands down Beaten, but not Defeated It was the losers, as much as the winners, who embodied the spirit of this year's Olympic Games.
News & Articles
- NHL playoffs: Chicago tops Boston in 3OT thriller
NHL playoffs: Chicago tops Boston in 3OT thriller by Jay Cohen The Associated Press Published Jun 12, 2013 11:45PM MDT Chicago • Andrew Shaw skated off to the side and pumped his arms furiously. One shot from the right point plus two deflections was just enough to beat Tuukka Rask in the fifth-longest Stanley Cup Finals game in history. Shaw skated in front of the goal in the third overtime and ...
June 13, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- TOPS meeting
TOPS - Taking Off Pounds Sensibly - is an non-profit organization that has been meeting the area for years.
June 12, 2013 - North Fort Myers Neighbor
- Tops # IL 1563 weight loss tips
Tops # IL 1563 met Thursday morning, June 6th with seventeen members weighing in and twelve staying for the meeting.
June 11, 2013 - Paris Beacon-News
- Jamie Moyer in ABC News
This is unbelievable. I'm starting to understand what it's really all about here,Moyer told The Associated Press as he rode down Broad Street. "I was at the parade in 1980 and that was pretty exciting, but today tops it by far."
- Matt Damon in Forbes
We all love working together, and making movies is about as fun a thing as you can do,Damon told The Associated Press in an interview Wednesday. "The only thing that tops it is making it with your friends. When the call came, I think we...
- Vijay Singh in International Herald Tribune
It's a great golf course,said Singh, the 1993, 1995 and 2006 winner at Westchester. "Westchester was a good golf course. This tops Westchester. Every single player out there absolutely enjoyed this golf course."