- n the practice of measuring angles and distances on the ground so that they can be accurately plotted on a map
he studied surveying at college
- v consider in a comprehensive way
- v look over carefully or inspect
- v keep under surveillance
- v hold a review (of troops)
- v make a survey of; for statistical purposes
- v plot a map of (land)
- It's also huge: government researchers fanned out across the nation in 2002, surveying 12,571 Americans ages 15 to 44.
- The tourists stand at the edge of the panorama like fence posts, surveying the free-roaming bison in the mountain valley perhaps hoping also to glimpse a grizzly bear and maybe .
- The poll was conducted May 26-30, surveying 700 registered voters (the Democratic primary sample was 364 voters).
News & Articles
- Fish crew works night shift in Sheridan Lake bass survey
Surveying a lake's population of bass is entertaining work — if you don’t mind the dark, the bugs, the late hours, the risk of electric shock, or the things that go bump in the night.
June 22, 2013 - Rapid City Journal
- Analyst Kevin Myeroff | What's next for stock market?
We are surveying the stock market's next steps with Financial Analyst Kevin Myeroff
June 22, 2013 - WKYC Cleveland
- Civil Engineering And Surveying Firm KS Associates, Inc., Acquires Matrix Engineering, Inc., Forms New Coastal ...
KS Associates, Inc., a civil engineering and surveying firm located in Elyria, Ohio, announces the acquisition of Matrix Engineering, Inc., a coastal engineering firm in business for 27 years
June 19, 2013 - PublicWorks.com
- Michael Hayden in Ninemsn
Hayden described "the sheer challenge of surveying every square mile of that inhospitable and dangerous region", and said "part of the explanation for his survival lies in the fact that he has worked to avoid detection".
- Jack Layton in Toronto Star
What we're doing is surveying all of the arguments and instruments that are available,Layton said in an interview Sunday.
- President Bush in USA Today
One of the biggest concerns for the government of Pakistan is not enough airlift capacity to get to some of these rural areas where people are suffering,Bush said. "So we're moving choppers. Secretary Rumsfeld is surveying the assets that...