- n lack of depth of knowledge or thought or feeling
- n shallowness in terms of affecting only surface layers of something
he ignored the wound because of its superficiality
- What the article focuses on is the silliness , the superficiality of some women, which has always existed.
- Barbery thinks her book has enjoyed such universal success because people everywhere are worried about superficiality overtaking substance in their lives.
- In the age of the overpriced, overmanaged campaign, the data go beyond red-stateblue-state superficiality into far more whimsical superficialities.
News & Articles
- A sign of the times
For a team based in a city so associated with flash and superficiality, the Lakers seem almost anachronistic. The jersey and the logo remain virtually unchanged since the franchise first arrived in 1960. Upper management often relies on the brute force of negotiation and the art of the deal rather than any deep belief in the draft or analytics. The cartoonish crooning of Randy Newman still booms ...
July 1, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Allan Lichtman in Sacramento Bee
Sure, it reflects the superficiality of politics, but it also reflects a reality a modern president has to go through,says Lichtman, a professor at American University in Washington, DC "Health and fitness of a candidate is a legitimate...
- Phil Goff in AFP
It is supposed to be rife with funny clichÃ©s. I don't want to give too much away, but let's just say that it hones in on the superficiality of the business, and all the silliness. I was considering playing one of the main characters in the film.... Mischa Barton http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mischa_Barton&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHnIs_L0iCPLu7tu1MJQH1g3gSLVw Times Online http://www.google.com/url?q=http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article3035629.ece&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHJcn251OAGBZhuXixNpmnJy2B_8w Dec 14, 2007
96611 128141 superficiality Trade minister Phil Goff said foreign consumers would realise the superficiality and flaws" of the food miles argument and would focus instead on the total carbon footprint of foods.