- n the property of being physically or mentally strong
fatigue sapped his strength
- n capability in terms of personnel and materiel that affect the capacity to fight a war
we faced an army of great strength
- n physical energy or intensity
it was destroyed by the strength of the gale
- n an asset of special worth or utility
- n the power to induce the taking of a course of action or the embracing of a point of view by means of argument or entreaty
the strength of his argument settled the matter
- n the amount of energy transmitted (as by acoustic or electromagnetic radiation)
they measured the station's signal strength
- n capacity to produce strong physiological or chemical effects
the strength of the drinks
- n the condition of financial success
the strength of the company's stock in recent weeks
- n permanence by virtue of the power to resist stress or force
- Stock markets plunge, house values slide, but top Champagne prices and consumption rates go from strength to strength.
- Records of past hurricane strength are less than perfect, so it's difficult for scientists to be sure that the recent increase in storm intensity hasn't occurred before, in the .
- Even if you have diabetes, strength trainingcombined with aerobic exercisemay decrease your need for medication.
News & Articles
- New hires could bring Rockford police to full strength
ROCKFORD — The Rockford Police Department will approach full strength for the first time since 2008 if it goes through with plans to hire at least seven more new officers from among 27 candidates left from the latest hiring cycle.
June 15, 2013 - Rockford Register Star
- Strength Team
Andy Gavin, Strength Team member, breaks a stack of bricks. Staff photo by Cecil Anderson
June 15, 2013 - Texarkana Gazette
- JFCs Rings of Strength event raises $40K
Jewelers for Children held its inaugural Rings of Strength tour on May 30 during the Las Vegas jewelry shows and, through the work of participants, was able to raise more than $40,000.
June 14, 2013 - National Jeweler
- Barack Obama in Reuters
Our highest priority in Toronto must be to safeguard and strengthen the recovery,President Barack Obama wrote in a letter to his G20 colleagues. "We worked exceptionally hard to restore growth; we cannot let it falter or lose strength...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Washington Post
The intensity of the campaign and the divisions it created were evident Saturday when, well into the speech, Clinton first mentioned her opponent's name, calling on supporters to "take our energy, our passion, our strength, and do all we can to help...
- Jaclyn Smith in FOXNews
Farrah had courage, she had strength, and she had faith. And now she has peace as she rests with the real angels,Jaclyn Smith said.